JotPress: An Alternative Way To Blog

JotPress seems like a very interesting startup to me.  It gives its users a whole new easy and free way to create and publish content on the web by using nothing but their email account.  JotPress allows you to type whatever you want and have it published instantly just by emailing it to post@jotpress.com.  You don’t even need an account with the website, just a working email address.  

The advantage of this platform is that you don’t have to maintain your own blog.  All maintenance is taken care of for you.  All you have to worry about is the content you want to publish.

Reading on JotPress is also very easy.  When you post to JotPress, you are a part of a larger community in which you can subscribe to others and be notified of new posts.

If you’re looking for a valid alternative to blogging, this is it.  All you need is an email address.  I’m just wondering how publishing media works.

Advertisements

6 Responses to JotPress: An Alternative Way To Blog

  1. Kunal Sen says:

    The interesting thing about this approach is the fact that in spite of the tremendous popularity of Facebook, Twitter etc., only about 30% of the 1.2 billion people on the web use it as a read-write medium. The other 70% use it as a read-only medium. However, I think everyone on the web has an email account and knows how to use it. With Jotpress this 70% can now start writing on the web as well.

    • Brad Merrill says:

      What an interesting response. Yes, I do believe everyone has an email account, and everyone has at least a little something they’d like to tell the world. If you don’t want to be involved in the commitment of a regular blog, JotPress is for you.

  2. herbert leevers says:

    How does the community part of the site work?

    • Brad Merrill says:

      i believe you have to sign up with the site.

      • Kunal Sen says:

        After you email in your first post, the system emails back a link, using which the user can personalize the acount. Once signed in, users can “follow” other users and view activities happening within this group. These activities are also emailed one event at a time, or consolidated once a day.

      • Brad Merrill says:

        Thanks for the clarification, Kunal!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s